With a total of over 300000 downloads, NavContainerHelper is no more. As of this weekend, NavContainerHelper cannot be used to create containers anymore. There has been a lot of blog posts here on my blog and others that indicated that this day would come and now it is here… – all specific images are gone and with those all the “old” generic images, which was used by NavContainerHelper.
I will contact PowerShell Gallery to get the entry removed.
RIP NavContainerHelper, Long Live BcContainerHelper.
Shift to BcContainerHelper
The recipe for changing from NavContainerHelper to BcContainerHelper goes here:
- Remove all containers (Get-NavContainers | Remove-NavContainer)
- Uninstall all versions of NavContainerHelper (UnInstall-Module NavContainerHelper -allversions)
- Restart PowerShell and check that NavContainerHelper is gone (else repeat step 2)
- Reset Docker to factory settings (to remove all images)
- Remove c:\ProgramData\NavContainerHelper
- Install BcContainerHelper (Install-Module BcContainerHelper -force)
Hope this helps